Monday, July 10, 2017

What a Week!

This week was full of great experiences I will remember forever! 

One, I fell down on my rear end in the mud..... that was fun! :) haha I had to wash everything after! My backpack and skirt and jacket and just about everything! But we just laughed it off - I passed by our apartment to change and we continued working! :) 

This week to celebrate the 4th of July my comp made apple pie for the district. But the real party was on Saturday when we celebrated the 9 de julio, the Independence Day of Argentina. I went to the first ward activity that I have been to in a long time and it was a blast! Plus a ton of less active members came! We ate locro, a typical holiday dish! It is garbanzo beans and maiz pisado and pig stomach and pototaes and squash and luckily the store was out of pig feet!!! Hahaha, but it was yummy! After the Primary danced typical dances and the Stake Pres talked and everyone sang the very long elaborate national anthem and one hermana lip sang to ¨dont cry for me argentina" and it was hilarious!!  A great day!! 

I had two intercambios with new sisters in the mission from Brasil this week! I think I may be speaking a little in portugeus now! But haha they were so excited for the work -  it was contagious!! With one of them while it was raining and there wasn't a soul in the street we pet some horses just casually wandering around! :)

Magali our investigador has been progressing! She is so different now from when we first met her. She seems to have matured 5 years in 5 weeks.... she is reading the Book of Mormon and praying and we just have to figure out how to help her come to church!! Prayers for her and us as her missionaries would be very appreciated! 

We found a new investigator named Julia this week! She is 19 and teaches yoga and is super nice but as we were teaching her we learned that she believes that Jesus was a real man who lived and came to Earth, she didn't really believe in him as the Savior or in God really. We taught her to pray and then to finish the lesson we asked her to give the last prayer and, when she prayed, the Spirit was so strong. I listened to someone for the first time reach out and talk to our Heavenly Father.  It made me so grateful for prayer. I know that in every moment I can reach out and talk with my Maker and that He hears me. I talk to him all day long and to think that Julia had never talked with him before almost broke my heart. But she really liked how she felt when she prayed so hopefully we will be able to help her. 

I am so grateful to be a missionary and be on the Lords errand. He has a perfect plan for every one of us and will always be there for us! And I am grateful for prayer and that my Heavenly Father is there for me. ​

-- 
Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment