Monday, May 15, 2017

A Baptism in Korn :)

A Baptism in Korn :)

This last week was a good one - full of lots of great experiences.  And it finished with a baptism!

Our baptism was a little 9 year old boy named Fabian.  His family has been re-activating for the last month or so, and we have been helping.  Gavin is super cute and pays lots of attention and is a little sweetheart.  We went a large part of our week traveling back and forth from his house way out in the country to finish giving him all the discussions.  Every time we taught him, his 2 younger siblings would bother him the whole time but he just ignored them and listened to us which was adorable.  :)  

The actual service on Sunday was actually super stressful, because as always, nothing went as planned.  The chapel didn’t have water Sunday - so don’t ask me by what miracles the Elders filled it at least to knee height - cuz I don’t honestly know.  #miracles   And the service started super late cuz the bishop was in a meeting and then an interview and we couldn’t get started without him and so we had a less active family of 12 and a 9 year old convert very impatient.  Luckily and with lots of silent prayers everything turned out beautifully and the family was in tears at the end.

Other neat moments from the week - we visited a 15 year old recent convert who hasn't come to church in a few weeks, and so my comp shared with him the scripture in Alma 5:26 about feeling and singing the song of redeeming love now.  And we asked him when he was first investigating when he felt the most peace and the Spirit - and he told us in the chapel so we asked him what he needs to do to feel that again - and he realized the obvious answer - come to church.  And he came Sunday !  It was a neat lesson and strengthened my testimony of the effect a scripture and an inspired question can have.

While proselyting one morning we passed by a family of menos actives that haven’t wanted anything to do with us for a while.  But well my comp was showing me a part of our area I didn’t know and they were on the town so we passed by and the Hermana Guevara came out and we invited her to the activity tomorrow and to Church and then we said goodbye and were headed on our way (and I stopped to make a wish on a dandelion ) when the Hermana came back outside and called us back and told us that in the minutes before we knocked on their door she and her husband had been reading the scriptures and talking about how they need to come back to Church and leave behind the philosophies of men mixed with scripture and then we appeared outside their house and how they they felt it was sign from God.  And it was super cool to see how the Lord uses us to bring out lots of good that we don’t realize.

Also this week I had an intercambio with a new cute little sister from Guatemala, Hermana Hernandez.  I love the new missionaries - they are so excited for the work and it is contagious.  

This week really was great, with more spiritual and special moments than I have time to write.  Feeling the Spirit and seeing others faces when they feel it as we teach.  Hearing about little miracles happening all over the mission.  For real, I love being a missionary. 

It was wonderful to be able to talk with my family yesterday.  I love them so much and it reminded me why I decided to serve; so other families can be happy like mine.  I feel so blessed to have the Gospel in my life and to have the privilege to share it with others here in Buenos Aires.


Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment