Monday, January 9, 2017

Super Good Week

 
So this week was a super good one :) Like SUPER good :)

So I spent this week in Ciudad Evita with the Hermanas Davis and Rascon :) Hermana Davis arrived with me here in Argentina so we are good friends and Hna Rascon is from Mexico so bascially from where I live and is super sweet and the two work super super hard and are super excited for the work, even though their entire area is out of town on vacation. I am not exaggerating, everyone just tells us to come back in March cuz they are going to the beach they work hard and are having a good time :)

We had fun looking for new people to teach using the Book of Mormon, the mission has a goal to use more the Book of Mormon to find people to teach :) So we worked super hard to give away as many books as we could and it was cool to see the power of the Book of Mormon.  

So far I am liking this whole traveler assignment, except for the air mattress. But I am getting used to it. The first two days I woke up with a rock hard back but by the third day I was used to it!! So wooo
hooo :) who know how much time I'll be on an air mattress but it's all good :)

The Hnas had a baptism this week of a son of members with autism who wants to pass the sacrament. So even though he is purer than pure he is being baptized so he can receive the priesthood and serve. He is so sweet and it was a privilege to meet him this week. We also had lots of fun cooling off while cleaning the baptismal font for his baptism, the closest we get to going swimming in the mission :)

The highlight of the week was definitely getting to go to THE TEMPLE :) for the leadership counsel.  President took all the leaders to the temple to do a session and for anyone who knows me, you already know that the temple is my favorite place on earth. It was amazing to be able to enter and feel the love of my Heavenly Father and the peace and spirit there. I alway am able to remember the eternal perspective a little more when I go to the temple and it makes the problems of right now not seem so hard to face.

I love this gospel and I love my mission :) And hey, I invite all of you to go read the Book of Mormon RIGHT NOW :) even just 2 verses. The book has power. It has changed my life and daily I get to see the lives of people change because of that little blue book :)


I am looking forward to the next week and the miracles we will see in wherever and with whoever I may be :)
--
Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment