Monday, November 28, 2016

When It Rains It Pours... and Fills the Baptismal Font

So this week. Not gonna lie it was probably the hardest of my life. But holy cow did I learn a LOT!!! So to start off the week it all was going well right? Monday for pday we had the other sisters in the ward come over for crepes and it was delicious and fun and then in the evening we went to the chappel to help Andres with his baptismal interview. 

He was so cute, he had everything all mixed up in his head, ¨tithing for example makes us happy because on Sunday we eat healthy and don't eat to give money.... ¨ Poor guy had all the commandments mixed up but holy cow I have never met anybody with such a pure desire to change and learn and be better. So we reviewed and helped him get everything straight before our district leader came and interviewed him and he passed! WOOO HOO! :) He was cute and happy and we were so happy for him and everything was just peachy :) 

And then the crazines started. So Tuesday, after our reunion de distrito, I started a week of intercambios, because Hna Shepard, my companion capacitadora, is training her comp and she couldn't be alone in her area so even though my comp was new in our area and we had a baptism that week she was left all alone witha newbie to organize a baptism and so that was fun. 

but anyway Saturday.... 

so after the tormenta blanca (which is where all the missionaries in the zone go to work in an area for a few hours) it was pouring right.... like really, really pouring. But we had a lunch to get to.... so with Hnas Medford and Lockling we started the long trek to lunch.... in the pouring rain! We did buy an umbrella when we were already soaked but it was good :) it was actually super relaxing and fun to jump in the puddles and just get soaking, soaking wet :) but afterwards I was kinda cold. :) so after lunch we headed back to the pench for a quick shower to warm us up so we didn't get sick and then we headed over to the baptism of Andres! :) WOOHOO! :) 

So we told Andres to get there at 5:30 cuz it started at 6 right, but he got there at 4 and even brought his tithing money he is so cute :) 💙 So we sat and chatted with him a moment and then went to go make sure that everything was okay for the baptism. And can I just say that Satan has something over the baptismal fonts, for some reason every single baptism has a problem with the baptismal fonts. So basically the font filled up a foot and then stopped, because there had been a problem with the water and the whole chappel didn't have water so I was tired at this point but because of the blessing I had received I had peace. I was a little stressed but I knew everything would work out okay, so we talked about walking around the corner to presidents house and using his pool, it even got to the point where the assistants called presidente to ask permisión and then miracle of miracles the font started to fill! So we had everyone change into their white clothes and we took their pictures and started the service! :) It was super tender and sweet and Andres was just so excited.  An investigator of the assistants got baptized too so it was really a party and Oscar, who got baptized a few weeks ago, baptized Andres. 

One of my favorite moments I have had so far on the misión is listening to Oscar before he and Andres entered the font practice in the bathroom and we were all just outside listening and it was tender. Even if the wáter was Green :) Andres was confirmed Sunday and told me that he was excited because he felt like a new person and was ready for a new life, and that something inside him had opened up. 

So I learned this week that the saying, when it rains it pours, is the truth, but I also learned that the Savior is always there to hold us up. And sometimes there are rainbows and miracles and baptisms :) 

I love the misión. It is the single hardest thing I have ever done, but wow..... it is worth it. 

-- 
Abby 

No comments:

Post a Comment