Monday, March 6, 2017

Burzaco

So this week I was back with my lovely comp Hermana Abata Daga, and we went to the area of Burzaco!! We were with the Hermanas Patiño y Chappel! Hermana Patiño is from California and finishes up in 2 months and Hermana Chappel is from the best state in America: ARIZONA :) She is from Phoenix! :) Their apartment is SUPER tiny!! And we were basically on top of each other all week but it is okay! 

On Monday we had a Noche de Hogar (FHE) with a member family (the Hermanas are trying to gain the ward's confidence) and well they also gave us food to eat which was great. Their son is about 30 and served his mission in Utah and so he speaks English super well, right? So, he was talking to us the Yankees in English and well he told me that I speak English with a Latin accent now...... so that was a low moment. That sad moment when my Spanish skills far succeed my English skills!  But whatever.  :P 

On Tuesday my comp had to go to the doctor for her knee so we left early in the morning and we got to the clinic..... and it was a holiday-....... gotta love those.  Apparently over in Brasil it was Carnival so claro que no one here had to work.

So we decided to go try to catch the reunion de distrito in Claypole. But we had a small problem because we had no idea where the capital (chapel) was.- So we just asked a bunch of people and they guided us! 
 
Thursday we had interviews and we almost didn't make it cuz I woke up in the morning and first thing after praying I went to the bathroom... and, walking out of the bathroom after so my comp could go in, I fainted in her arms. Haha, so that was fun. They laid me down on a (real) mattress and lifted up my feet and gave me sugar! But after that we got all pretty and went to talk with Presidente. While waiting to talk with him all the elders in the offices and us talked deep doctrine with the assistants. Haha, good stuff! 

It was a good week and hey we got some stuff done in Burzaco! We found a super awesome and way prepared lady who came Sunday and we had a blast with the Hermanas! Gotta love the mission! :) It is super weird to think I have already been here in Argentina for a year. I have friends getting home from the mission it feels like every day and it just makes me want to make the most of every moment I have here. I am so grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to serve :) 

-- 
Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment