Monday, March 20, 2017

Banfield 2B

This last week was a good one.  I was back in Banfield 2 again!  It was great getting to go back to my old ward - it felt a little like visiting home.  I got to hug my mommies in that ward and it was beautiful.  This week we worked with Hermana Molinero and Hermana Lockling (don’t let the name fool you - Hermana Lockling is from Chile).  I knew and was friends with both of the Hermanas before but it was awesome to get to know both of them a little better.

It was a good week.  We gave away lots of Book of Mormons painted a few pieces of furniture and put together a giant ward activity!

One day I was proselyting with Hermana Molinero and well, we are focusing on contacting with the Book of Mormon, right?  So we had met a bunch of people and we had just given away our last Book or Mormon and we were heading home for the night to study Spanish and well on the corner of our street we contacted a guy cutting his lawn with giant scissors.  Naturally we asked if he needed help and he told us that he was okay and that we worked out.  We needn’t worry (awkward) and then both Hermana Molinero and I just kinda had a brain fart.  We had gotten so used to contacting with the Book of Mormon and we didn’t have a Book of Mormon with us and for a good 10 seconds we didn’t say anything trying to remember how to contact someone without the Book of Mormon.  It was super awkward and funny but we gave him a pass along card and set a day to come back.  :)  Super funny.

Also on a random note, the other day in the bus there was a man yelling selling his wares as normal right.  (Here in every train and bus every 2 minutes someone comes in selling cookies or candy or scissors or nail clippers or necklaces or really just anything).  And all the venders just have this super funny, super fast little chant and well in the bus I was listening to the guy and started copying his little singsongy way of talking and within half and hour I had it down to a tee!  The Hermanas made me show the member we were eating lunch with and she died laughing, it was great. 

The big event of the week was the giant ward activity we (the Hermanas) put on.  It was called “Journey to Hawaii.”  Basically the activity is a simulated air plane ride to Hawaii, but the plane crashes and everyone dies and two elders in white take everyone on a tour of the 3 Kingdoms of Glory.  It ends in the chappel with a short little testimony meeting and after we had a ton of fruit and we made smoothies and cakes.  It was great!  A ton of people came!  And lots of nonmembers too!  Cuz the branch of Fiornito had 4 baptisms that day but their chappel didn’t have water so they were using our building for their baptisms so we invited after the service the branch of Fiornito!  It was great, we had a big party! :)

It was a great week, and spiritually I learned a lot.  I learned a lot about the Savior and what it means to be his disciple.  It means I do what He would do and sometimes I suffer what He suffered.  Sometimes as his disciple I go about trying to do good as He did and people don’t like me for it.  I learned that being His representative isn’t easy because hey, we are are talking big league stuff here, the Eternal Salvation of the Children of God.  And I love being an instrument to bring to pass the Salvation of my brothers and sisters here in Argentina.  I know that this is the Lord’s work and that He directs it.  I wouldn’t trade my time here in Argentina for anything in the world. :)


—Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment