Monday, August 14, 2017

Last of All

Well this is it.... the last email.  I can hardly even believe it.  I can't believe it to be honest... I don't think it will really hit me that my mission is ending till I have been home for a few weeks and realize that being home wasn't a vacation.... I have absolutely positively LOVED my mission. 
And I have learned so much.

I learned that you don't need much to be truly happy, just the gospel.
I learned to make pizza and milanesa.
I learned Spanish.... well Castellano :) 
I learned to love people from all sorts of different countries and cultures. 
I learned how to prepare Mate.
I learned you can (but not that you should) eat mayonnaise with everything. 
I learned that the Lord truly prepares people to receive His gospel. 
I learned true happiness is seeing others progress.
I learned to recognize many of the ways the Spirit guides us. 
I learned to love Argentina.
I learned to love and serve the Lord.

And what would my last email as a missionary be if I didn't give an update on the work!! This week was a good one for us! We found some new investigators and kept working with the ones we had! We started working last week with a darling little family of 6 daughters!! They are so cute and they all are reading the Book of Mormon and hope to be able to come to church next week.... they live kinda in the country so when it rains they can't leave their house cuz the mud is knee thick chocolate soup!! ( It was fun making our way to their house in our rain boots :) We haven't been able to find Magali.... which is making me sad... but we found a new investigator and her sister is a member and she came to a baptism of a sweetheart little 8 year old boy on Saturday and the members were really good to talk to her and make her feel welcome. I absolutely love my last ward here in Alejandro Korn. I am super happy and I hope to make the most of these last 2 days I have left. There is still so much to do! :) 

And bueno, it has come to an end. But I hope it is clear I love the Lord and I have loved being a missionary. 

This is the testimony, the last of all that I give. That Jesus Christ lives. I know He lives. Because for the last year and a half of my life He has guided and directed me to help others change their lives. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is His church on the Earth guided by His priesthood authority. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and alongside the Bible testifies that our Heavenly Father loves us. I know it. I know this is true. I know that Jesus Christ gave His life for me and you and every one of us, so that we can go home. So that we can return home to live with our Father in Heaven and those we love for forever. It is worth any and every cost to get there. And I know my mission was worth the ¨Cost,¨ the Lord has blessed me with so much more than I could ever give Him, and with my help He opened the door for more of His children to come home. I am so grateful that He let me be an instrument in His hands. I love the Lord and I have loved being His full time missionary. 

​Chau for the last time from your favorite missionary in Argentina ​
-- Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment